These are the goals of
St. Anthony’s CYO
in Beautiful Rocky Point:
- To provide programs that fulfill
the needs within our parish for our children.
- To provide within such programs an atmosphere where
all children, regardless of athletic ability can flourish and
grow. Where the emphasis is on learning, development skills,
fostering friendship and enhancing self-esteem. Where competition
is friendly and winning is secondary.
- To maintain a program that is manageable in size and
non-threatening, so that each child can receive as much individual
attention as possible and not get lost in a crowd.
- To ensure that the adults in the program are
committed to the virtues of patience, gentleness and understanding, and
set an example of fairness and self-control at all times.
- To encourage parents and relatives to support the
programs both physically—by volunteering to work in the individual
programs—and emotionally—by their presence and positive reinforcement at
- To provide programs not just limited to sports but
other experiences both social and spiritual to enable children to
discover and develop their persons in a friendly, spiritual and joyful
- To, above all else, represent Christ to our children,
to their parents and to one another and to incorporate fully Christian
ideals into every facet of St. Anthony’s CYO program.
Statement and our Sportsmanship
Statement are the foundation of our CYO program. Please take a few
minutes to read these statements with your children, so everyone has a better
understanding of our program.